Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Looking Back on 2012


These were my goals that I had set in 2012. Let's talk a look and see how well I did. 
  • To do my very best at the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January and to fully enjoy the experience {DONE}
  • Run at least one more half marathon (other than Tinkerbell) {DONE - though I was shooting for four - I hit three)
  • Begin preparing for a full marathon in late 2012 or early 2013 (NOT STARTED)
  • Run in a mud run/obstacle course {DONE}
  • Run at least one race every month (10K or 5K) {Sadly I missed out on this one}
  • Become a Fitfluential Ambassador. {DONE}
  • Continue to increase readership of my blog {Work In Progress}
  • Finish my Master’s Degree {Should be done by April!!!}
  • GET MARRIED!!!! {YAY- did that!}
  • Make sure my friends always know how much they mean to me...{I hope I did okay here too}
  • To let go of all the things that have bothered me in 2011 {I think I did well here too}
  • Forgive myself for my mistakes {ongoing, but doing better}
Overall I did well I think. I am still working on a few things which I will likely add to my list of goals for 2013. 

I have also been able to be there to see my brother-in-law get married and then the week after my best friend and sister Sarah got married. My friend Angela celebrated her first anniversary of her wedding in November. 

One major thing I learned this past year is that this crazy life, with all of its ups and downs, is pretty awesome. I have wonderful friends, have reconnected with some family I have not seen for years, and I have hit some benchmarks that last year seemed pretty daunting. 

Insert little pat on back here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment