Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fab Virtual Racing - Virtual Run

I love my dog Castle every day
but today he really made his momma proud and also helped her out of a funk. Today was a rough day, so I really wasn't feeling a run, but forced myself to because I committed to a virtual race for 12-12-12. I only signed up for the 1.2 option because I am trying to build myself back up. The longest run my dog has done was about a half mile so this was going to be his farthest.

He did fantastic. He pulled a little bit at first but after awhile he got into the grove and ran with me instead of "for" me. The only time I had to stop was when I small dog was ahead of us and Castle got it in his head that it was time to play. I had to head him off and let them pass us. Besides that, he really did a great job of hanging by my side.

This event was directed by Charlene and Angela of Fab Virtual Racing. They each have their own blogs which you can fin under my Link Love page at Run With K.

I am really glad that I kept to my plan and did this run. Now I am relaxing with the pup, watching some TV, and watching patiently for my weekly Shemar Moore fix to begin (What can I say I love Criminal Minds).

Moral of the story, a dog and a run can be the perfect medicine for what ails you.

Here are some more photos from this evening's run. They're a bit blurry but still cute.

Post-run snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment