Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hoover Dam 10K, 1/2 and Full Marathon (Volunteering)

I had the opportunity to volunteer for Calico Racing's Hoover Dam 10K, 1/2 and Full Marathon this past weekend. I arrived at 8 AM and it was cold and damp but luckily it was not drizzling anymore. I was prepared with lots of layers, as well as a few extra coats and a blanket in my car. To my surprise the sun began to peek out and I saw not one but two rainbows over the park. It was an awesome sight. Later on in the day it did warm up a bit so I was able to shed some layers. 

If you haven't volunteered for a race yet, as a runner I would encourage you to do so. Not only was it fun it was extremely rewarding. Being there to see every runner pass was remarkable, and I hope I helped make life a little easier for those on the course that day. 

Here are a few pictures.Congrats to all the runners, especially my friends who ran the race!


View of the Dam

The aid station I was at.







                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment