Friday, December 7, 2012

A Day at Lovell Canyon

Our first AR-15, 20 inch barrel
If you were to ask me a year or so ago if I would ever fire a gun I would have told you that you were out of your mind. Seriously bonkers. I was never anti-guns but I just never really desired to learn how to shoot one. That all changed when we inherited some of Ben's grandfather's weapons. I decided that if were were to have them in the house that I better know how to safely handle and fire one.

Since then I have fired a .22, .38 (which we no longer have), 32, the FNP-40, a 9 MM, 30-30 rifle, and the baby of them all our AR-15 which we built piece by piece. I am also in the process of picking out the parts for our second AR-15 which will have shorter barrel, 14.5" to be exact.

It was also ironic that both weddings we had in October featured a day of shooting. The outing here in Vegas was with our cousins from California and the second was with members of Sarah's family and our friends while in Ohio - these events were one week apart.

I will never be a hunter. That I can assure you. I do love target shooting though and Ben and I regularly have little contests. He usually beats me but I am getting better and better.

After we were finished shooting we went for a mini-hike too just to take in the scenery.

Here are some photos from today:

Peek-A-Boo




No comments:

Post a Comment