Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Determined. Focused. I'm So Gonna Hit My Goal. #watchme #wookieeswarriors

Hey there!

I know, it's a cheesy selfie but it has been awhile and I decided that I was overdue. Used my webcam this time and for a post-run picture it's decent. 

Aside from that there is a bit of news, I am currently working on a virtual race for my Wookiee's Warriors fundraisers and I am pretty pumped about. This will be my first endeavor into the RD world so please bear with me as I navigate these unfamiliar waters. I have decided to work with Crown Awards on the medals and should have a mock up of the medal by the end of the week. I cannot wait to see what they come up with! 

I could bore you with the every ongoing drivel that is my work life, but I won't. (insert applause) Instead here is a brief list of things that I am working on, besides the run mentioned earlier:

  • Ireland - heading to the Emerald Isle in just over a month. Yeah be prepared to be tortured via Instagram (Hey, You Can Follow Me!)
  • Working on going back to school for a second Masters Degree, possibly teaching or Higher Ed Admin. 
  • My bestie Sue asked me to be the God Mother to her baby boy! Very excited about that. We have nicknamed him "Baby Zeus". No pressure kiddo!
  • The 501st Legion posted the Wookiee's Warriors video on their Facebook page (has over 230K followers). Many thanks for that help from the dark side. Want to check out their page? Here is a direct link https://www.facebook.com/The501stLegion Give them a "like" and tell them Karen of Run with K sent you! 
Official training starts soon, so be on the lookout for more on that progress. Tonight was a warm up. I took the pup with me this evening and it was pretty muggy. In fact, he is so pooped out that he is still napping where he plopped when we got home. I think we both need to get used to the heat and the routine of running once again. 

Well, now it is time to relax, read a book, and have a nice adult beverage to wind down. 

-K




No comments:

Post a Comment