Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Power of Friendship

Jackie, Sarah, Carlee and Me (my BFF Sue took the photo)



It is hard to believe that it was almost a month ago when my friends and I all gathered to celebrate the marriage of Carlee and Rob in Florida. It was a beautiful day on the waters of the Inter coastal aboard the Sun Dream Yacht. Now as much as I would love to say that that everything went off without a hitch, I cannot, because the strangest things happened on this trip. None of which really matter because in the end two of my favorite people (yes Rob, that includes you too) were married. That means all of my sisters have finally found their perfect match and now have moved into whole new chapters of our lives. 

Then a startling realization sunk in..... "We're now GROWN UPS!" Well, we actually knew that already but this kind of set that in stone. 


The good news was that Ben and I got to spend a bit of extra time with the newlyweds as we traveled to Disney for a few days to celebrate their nuptials and to also celebrate our own one year anniversary. How cool is it that my best friend and I have anniversaries two days apart? At least we can never forget them!

On to Disney we went after some minor snafus with the rental car that had my husband's blood boiling, and not from the heat or humidity.

Disney really is the happiest place on earth because despite each of us at some point feeling a bit "off" (tired, sickly, etc) we never complained.  We sucked it up, and had the best time finding hidden mickeys, riding rides and just being silly. Sure, we may now be officially grown up but in Disney it was okay to be one with our inner children once again.

No matter where my friends and I are though, whether together or apart, we are always connected. Sure, we drive each bonkers once in awhile. Some times more often than that. However, at the end of the day we tell it like it is, and we always end up finding our way back to that place that brings us comfort. So, to all my girls, both near and far, thank you for always reminding me of who I am. I am a little sad that we don't have any more weddings to look forward to. It was nice to have big events to celebrate. I hope though that we can find some reason to get together and just be together.



Me and my love. Happy 1 Year Anniversary!

Rob and Carlee - The Newlyweds!




No comments:

Post a Comment