Thursday, January 31, 2013

January in Review

It seems hard to believe that January is at an end. Already one month of 2013 has passed and it is time to take a brief look at how things turned out.

Here are my notes:

  • Completed one new activity - met with a new personal trainer and used equipment I have never trained on.
  • Still inconsistent with my running, working on it.
  • Completed a 5K and a 2 Mile Race (got a PR on the 2 Mi as well as 1st overall at that distance)
  • Did not do as well with weight training as I would have liked. Need improvement here.
  • After this weekend my thesis course is finished. Huge.
  • Enrolled in an Associate's of Science degree in Digital Photography where I work. I won't start that though until my Master's is done. What can I say? I love to learn.
  • Commencement for my Master's degree was finalized for May 30th in San Diego
  • Registered for the Devil Dash - 9:30 AM start
  • Started a second season in softball with hubby's work. As much as I suck at it, I admit, it is kind of fun.
  • Began a tracker for races, fees, etc so I can budget better for the races I really want to do and to help my training plan go a bit better.
Looking ahead to February:
  • Need to be more consistent with running. Once my paper is done I will start a chart in my office to help plan. I am a checklist kind of person so I think this will be helpful.
  • Need to set up another session with the trainer.
  • Pick out an activity for next month.
  • Register for my first half marathon of 2013.
  • More quality time with friends. Been a bit of a hermit thanks to my class. Need to put in some fun time.
  • Submit the grant proposal for my next book.
  • Write and draw more.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment