Friday, January 4, 2013

Me and my Personal Trainer!

Yesterday, I became friends with the Freemotion machine at the gym thanks to Personal Trainer Lara. First off, my session with her was fantastic. She asked a lot of questions about what my goals this year were, what activities I like to do (other than running) and also what my diet was like right now. Which she said was not bad, but did give me some tips on how to improve on it.

She also recommended that as a runner with asthma that swimming could help me build my lung capacity without the stress on my joints. She said that I could do 15 minutes of swimming, stopping when I needed to, to help build my lungs up.

The best part was that she gave me a plan to take home with me so I could work on it over the next four weeks until I can meet with her again. As we were leaving she gave me the best compliment-"I know you said that you were weak in the arm area, but honestly you are way better then you think". She also gave me kudos on not giving up when it got tough for me and for not complaining that it was hard. :-) It was a great session and I cannot wait to meet with her again in February!


Lara's Plan of Attack For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment