Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Erin's Race for Brillance

Recently my friend's daughter Erin completed a race to benefit two elementary schools in her area. I contacted her mom, one of my best friends, to ask her daughter if she would like to sum up her race in a few words. 

Here was her race report:

"My favorite part was being able to raise money for my school. It felt amazing to cross the finish. The race supported East Penn Elementary school and Franklin Elementary school. The race was a total of 60 minutes long. I am 9 years old. I am in fourth grade."

-Erin H. of Parryville, PA 

Often as runners we forget the people we touch and inspire and I hope that in some way that Erin's view on what her race meant to her makes you smile as it did for me.

I would like to thank her mom for allowing me to post this and her permission to include a photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment